The Ambassador Francis K Muthaura Foundation provides Scholarships that are awarded to Masters and Ph.D students at any Kenyan University and it aims to provide a transformative opportunity for the scholars. The AFKM Foundation was established in the year 2014 by the Founder Ambassador Francis K Muthaura. Each Year a class of scholars with academic excellence will be awarded the AFKM Foundation Scholarship in the following courses:
- International Law
- International Relations
- Regional Integration
- National Cohesion
The Foundation’s Core Values outline the characteristics of an AFKM Foundation scholar:
- Humility – Courteously respectful of others;
- Caring – Reaching out to others;
- Patriotism – Passion and love to the community and nation;
- Transparency & Integrity – Our clients & partners will trust & reward us for it; and
- Self-Belief – In ours & our partners’ ability to influence positive change to society.
The Award and Funding Committee comprises of a selection of AFKM Foundation’s Trustees, Secretariat and distinguished members of the Academic community.
AFKM Foundation Scholars will be expected to be people of integrity, influencers of change, upholding high standards of ethics and professionalism, academic brilliance and be true Ambassadors of Africa.
The AFKM Foundation Scholarship covers:
- Tuition Fee
- Book Allowance
- Supervision Fee
- Library Fee
- Examination Fee
- Thesis/Project Work
This not exceeding Kshs. 300,000/- for Master’s program and Kshs 600,000/- for PHD program. Which is disbursed directly to the Universities in two (2) Instalments for MA and three (3) Instalments for Ph.D.
- Intense leadership training and exposure to key archievers in society through our mentorship and coaching sessions
- Opportunity to be part of the Foundation and participate in its forums, conferences and events.
- Build social and career networks both locally and internationally.
- Award for the scholar who excels most in a given award year.
- Strong alumni base.